More than six million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s disease, and that number is expected to rise to a staggering 13 million by 2050. The residents and staff at Murano Senior Living are joining the fight against dementia by raising funds and awareness through the Seattle Walk to End Alzheimer’s. Learn more about Alzheimer’s disease, how Murano Senior Living is fighting it, and how their memory care services are meeting the needs of families and seniors coping with this devastating disease.
2022 Alzheimer’s Statistics
The Walk to End Alzheimer’s is the world’s largest event to fight Alzheimer’s. The Pacific Northwest Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association united in Seattle on October 1, 2022, to walk, raising awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s research.
Alzheimer’s disease affects millions of people in the United States with no cure. The Alzheimer’s Association has recently released the 2022 Dementia Facts and Figures.
The newest statistics include,
- More than 6 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s Disease.
- An estimated 13 million Americans will be living with Alzheimer’s by 2050.
- 1 in 3 seniors die from Alzheimer’s or another form of dementia, a higher rate than breast cancer and prostate cancer combined.
- In 2020, COVID-19 contributed to an estimated 17% increase in deaths from Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- More than 11 million American provide unpaid care for people with Alzheimer’s.
- In 2021, unpaid caregivers provided more than 16 billion hours of care valued at nearly $272 billion.
Memory Care at Murano Senior Living
Murano residents and staff were proud to participate in the Seattle Walk to End Alzheimer’s on October 1, 2022. The team exceeded its fundraising goal to be named a “Champion Fundraiser.”
Murano Senior Living partners with families to provide compassionate memory care on the third floor of their 24-story building in downtown Seattle. As a Leisure Care community, Murano Senior Living offers Opal, a signature memory care program that offers holistic and person-centered memory care services that goes beyond a shared diagnosis to celebrate the individual.
With a gentle daily schedule and caregivers that know and understand the effects of dementia, Murano Senior Living is reimagining memory care. Contact Murano Senior Living today to learn more.
Find a Leisure Care Community
Better with age, exceptional with us! Come and see how Leisure Care communities are helping seniors rediscover (and sometimes reinvent) themselves.