senior living IN st. charles, Missouri
Fairwinds – River’s Edge is a luxurious and active senior living community offering independent living in the heart of St. Charles, Missouri.
We offer spacious one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments and villas with private patios or balconies, and built-in emergency communication systems.
Our PrimeFit gym and fitness program includes all kinds of exercise options.
FULLY RENOVATED LOBBY
We’ve given the lobby a whole new look and feel—come check it out!
WE ARE HIRING
We’re looking for passionate people who want to build a career they’ll love while enriching the lives of seniors. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities in different departments. Our priorities are to put family first, give back to the community second, and finally, meaningfully contribute to the company.
THE SAFETY OF OUR RESIDENTS AND STAFF IS OUR TOP PRIORITY.
We regularly modify our protocols in alignment with best practices as determined by the CDC and state regulatory bodies, while also seeking alignment with our company values of doing the right thing.
To apply, email your resume and community location preference to [email protected].
Fairwinds – River’s Edge Reviews
Read reviews and testimonials from residents and family members for Fairwinds – River’s Edge senior living, a Leisure Care community.
“Thank you all for your ‘above and beyond’ efforts at keeping our family members at Fairwinds safe. You all are an incredible team. We know now, more than ever, that FAIRWINDS was a great choice for our mom. Stay safe, and thank you for the continued updates. It gives us peace of mind to know what’s going on behind the scenes.”– Nick M., family member of a resident
Read reviews and testimonials from residents and family members for Fairwinds River’s Edge senior living, a Leisure Care community. “I just wanted to drop you a note to THANK YOU and the entire Fairwinds Team for keeping our parents environment as safe as possible during this trying time. My sister & I greatly appreciate all […]
Last fall Fairwinds River’s Edge, The Landing of O’Fallon, and AW Health Care teamed up to host the Fairwinds’ second charity golf tournament benefitting the VFW National Home for Children. Read on to learn more about the tournament and how Fairwinds River’s Edge and The Landing of O’Fallon support and give back to our veterans. Leisure Care […]
What makes Missouri one of the best places to retire? Known as the “Show Me” state, Missouri is well-known for its Midwestern hospitality and rich culture. Located in the heart of America, Missouri is where southern hospitality, midwestern charm, and the promise of adventure in the west come together. Reknowned for its beauty, rich history, […]
Every day at Fairwinds – River’s Edge is five-star fun! Nothing like a traditional retirement community, Fairwinds – River’s Edge is a close community that values fun while creating meaningful memories and forming lasting connections. Every Friday from 3:00 to 4:00 pm our community joins together for Silver Coin Happy Hour. We have live entertainment, […]
Residents at Fairwinds – River’s Edge had a great time at our Halloween Happy Hour! Residents and staff dressed up for the holiday in creative and fun costumes while enjoying live entertainment. Residents at Fairwinds – River’s Edge celebrated Halloween with a themed Happy Hour that included live entertainment, themed food, and a costume contest. […]
In May of 1804, Captain Meriwether Lewis and his friend Second Lieutenant William Clark set out on what was then known as the Corps of Discovery Expedition. The first American expedition to cross the western United States, their journey is now famously known as The Lewis and Clark Expedition. Residents from Fairwinds – River’s Edge […]
At Leisure Care, every day brings Five-Star Fun. But, what does that actually look like? We are glad you asked. It’s a celebration – a celebration of life, of retirement, and of our residents. Our residents are what makes each of our communities so special, so vibrant, so, well…fun! For some of our residents, Five-Star […]
If you’ve ever visited any of our communities, you know that we are always up for a celebration. We celebrate every move-in, every resident achievement – honestly, we celebrate every day. We are excited to continue the celebration by announcing Fairwinds – River’s Edge 24 Carrot Gold Food Safety Excellence Award. 5 Star Dining at […]
CARE TYPES PROVIDED
- Independent living (with on-site home health care services)
Fairwinds – River’s Edge is located in St. Charles, MO. Our prime location is near a thriving, quaint, and historic downtown area with an abundance of dining and shopping options. We are a short drive from the Missouri River and just a short drive from the neighboring cities of O’Fallon and Chesterfield. Residents also appreciate our proximity to the Lambert – St. Louis International Airport and St. Joseph’s Hospital.
- Full-service dining complete with full menus changed seasonally, as well as daily specials, offering great variety to our residents
- Intimate dining room for private parties
- All apartments and villas have fully furnished kitchens
- Casual dining in Edgewater’s Lounge
- Room Service
- 24-Hour On-site Reception Staff
- Resident Services Manager
- On-Site 24-hour Home Health Care Services (third party provider)
- On-Site Physical, Occupational, Speech, and Water Therapists (third party provider)
- Visiting Podiatrist
- Full-time Activities Supervisor
- Visiting Audiologist
- PrimeFit Group Fitness Instructor
- Full-Service Salon
- Visiting Massage Therapist
APARTMENT AND VILLA FEATURES
- Spacious one- and two bedroom apartments and two-bedroom villas
- Walk-in closets in villas
- Bathrooms designed for comfort and safety, with step-in showers and, in our apartments, safety bars are standard
- Emergency call system in every apartment and villa, as well as a daily check-in system
- Full kitchens
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Window covering
- Balconies or patios in most apartments
- Individually controlled air system
- Comprehensive fire safety program including smoke detectors and sprinklers
- Apartments include a washer/dryer unit and villas have a washer/dryer hook-up
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Pet care available
- Accepts indoor cats and dogs
- Carports and valet service available
- Luxurious entertainment lounge with piano and fireplace
- Fountains and ponds throughout grounds
- Garden plots
- Comfortable library with complimentary books, daily newspapers, and a computer station providing wi-fi for the library and grand lobby
- Edgewater’s Lounge
- Game room and poker room
- Activities room
- Complimentary laundry facilities
- Bi-weekly housekeeping services
- PrimeFit Gym & Fitness
- Swimming pool and Jacuzzi
- Billiards area
- Arts program, including arts and crafts, painting and drawing classes
- Concierge Services
- On-site Home Health care and Therapy Services (third party provider)
- Travel by Leisure Care
- Balance Builders Multidimensional Balance Building Program
- BrainHQ by Posit Science
- Language Learning programs powered by Rosetta Stone®
- Nintendo Wii
- Full calendar of fun and engaging programs, events and activities
- Regularly scheduled shuttle service
- Private chauffeur service
- Full-service salon
- Health and wellness center
- Pendant service available
“The residents and general staff sold us on making Fairwinds – River’s Edge our new home. My wife and I are delighted to be here.” – Jim Mutz, Resident at Fairwinds – River’s Edge