The long-term success of any company can almost always be traced back to the experience of its leadership team. At Leisure Care, we have one of the most experienced senior management teams in the industry. This tenured group of leaders offers a rare perspective that combines a historical view of the industry with a progressive, innovative drive towards the future.
Dan Madsen has developed a combination of people, platform, and pipeline focused on changing the way business is done. He’s a tireless and inspirational leader with the drive and vision to make Leisure Care not only a great company to work with, but also a great company to work for. Since 1988, his business philosophy has been simple—put people first, and positively impact the lives of employees, customers, and business associates every day. Dan’s commitment to philanthropy has helped create a culture of giving, and his dedication to the industry has led to his involvement as a member of various boards.
Judy Marczewski joined Leisure Care as Chief Financial Officer in March 1999, and was named partner in 2003. Her experience in executive positions for KeyCorp, Key Bank of Washington, and CTS International, Inc. has prepared her well to serve as CFO. Judy is a graduate of Leadership Tomorrow, and is actively involved in Treehouse, an agency committed to improving the lives of foster children. She is also active in NIC and the Future Leaders Council. After a full day of reviewing financial histories, projecting trends, and forecasting future performance, Judy can be found enjoying the great outdoors with her family (more specifically, the slopes after a good snowfall). It’s this balance of family, community, and work that makes her perfectly suited for the role.
Andy Gomes joined the team in 1990 with an extensive background in the hotel and restaurant industry. His experience has been a driving force in laying the foundation for a solid, service-focused operations department, and it resonates in all business he conducts. Andy’s primary focus is the support and development of hospitality brands. Like Andy, his team is driven to find new and better ways to do business, regardless of industry or product. Andy’s service-oriented background is evident in his personal life as well. Having served his term as the President of the Board for Bridge of Promise, currently, Andy remains as a consultant to the organization’s Executive Director.
Ryan joined the Leisure Care team in 2000. His first role was as a Manager in Training and shortly thereafter he was promoted to General Manager, and now COO. Coincidentally, he was managing the same community that his grandmother had lived in a few years prior. In fact, Ryan’s grandmother played a large role in his profession in the senior housing industry due in part that he lived with her for five years. In 2004 Ryan joined the Leisure Care home office team and has been in an operational capacity ever since. In this role, he oversees the operational leaders of the communities and is responsible for their overall performance. He also represents the operations team with workers’ compensation and has initiated key objectives to lower the number of workplace injuries. Outside of work Ryan helps spearhead volunteer efforts at the Seattle Union Gospel Mission Search and Rescue where they find and feed homeless people. In the past, Ryan also spent many years involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Puget Sound. In his free time, Ryan can be found spending time with his family, mentoring youth in the community, or enjoying the PNW fishing, skiing, and hiking. Ryan graduated with a BA in business from Washington State University.
Bre Grubbs is Leisure Care’s Chief Strategy Office as well as a Partner in the company. In her current role, Bre guides strategy for Leisure Care’s business development, sales and marketing, and human resource initiatives. Her focus is on collaboration with all company disciplines and external partners, guiding her teams in utilizing data, market research, and community-level experiences to maximize performance and drive responsible growth. Leisure Care’s philosophy of making a positive impact on the company’s residents, families, employees, and business partners is a driving force in all Bre does. She’s extended this philosophy to her contributions outside of the office as well, with the goal of sharing the career opportunities that exist in senior living with a broader audience. In support of these endeavors, she is Chair Emeritus of the Steering Committee for Washington State’s Granger Cobb Institute for Senior Living, the first operations-focused, hospitality-guided senior living program in the US. She is also actively involved with the NIC, serving on the Fall Conference Planning Committee and the Future Leader’s Oversight Committee. Outside of work, Bre can be found at a baseball field, watching her teenage son play or taking in a Mariner’s game with her family.
Scott joined Leisure Care in 1999 to lead the accounting team as Controller, and in 2003, he was promoted to Vice President and Controller. Scott began his career in public accounting with an international CPA firm where he specialized in auditing healthcare-related clients. He also served as Senior Internal Auditor for Hillhaven Nursing Homes, as well as Chief Financial Officer of a community health center prior to joining Leisure Care. He’s a graduate of Washington State University with a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration. When he’s not at work, Scott can be found playing guitar, working on his next musical collaboration with his daughter.
Hoyt joined Leisure Care as a Construction Manager in 1998. Prior to joining Leisure Care he worked as an architect in a design firm in San Francisco, and managed the design and construction of several large commercial and residential buildings. Hoyt’s career has continued to grow during his time with the company. He is now responsible for all aspects of new community development, including market research, site selection, entitlements, financial analysis, design and construction. He also directs the team conducting renovations of existing Leisure Care managed properties. He takes great satisfaction in making sure that the buildings his team builds make great places to live for Leisure Care’s residents. Hoyt has volunteered at many of the non-profit agencies Leisure Care supports, including Treehouse and Youthcare. Hoyt has a B.A. in architecture from the University of California, Berkeley, and a master’s degree in real estate development from Columbia University. He enjoys urban living with his partner in downtown Seattle.
- Worked for Leisure Care for 13 years and in senior housing for 15 years
- Spends her free time with her family and being active
- Enjoys being both a soccer mom and career driven
- Has worked at Leisure Care for over 12 years
- He loves hiking, biking, running, and doing anything active.
- He is passionate about people and communication.
- With two small sons, his little family of four does everything together. They fill their days with creek walking, science projects, Legos, and tons of giggles. Family is everything.
- Can’t wait to teach his kids about the spirit of giving back to the world and helping the underdog.
- 20+ years of experience in experiential, digital, and integrated brand campaigns
- Serves on the Board of MOHAI (Museum of History and Industry)
- Seattle Kraken Inaugural Season Ticket Holder #GoKraken
- Worked in Senior Living for over 18 years
- Enjoys adventures with her husband and two children
- Spends free time cheering on her boys in soccer, basketball, and baseball
- Has worked at Leisure Care for over 15 years
- Loves Japanese food and culture
- On the board of YouthCare in Seattle
- Has hospitality experience in the hotel, restaurant and senior living industries
- Ideal vacation involves skiing in the mountains
- Has volunteered with Kamp Korey for over 10 years
- Has worked at Leisure Care for over 8 years and in the IT industry for 16 years
- Competes in triathlons and is an avid cyclist and performance bike builder
- Volunteers at the Seattle Humane Society and other local pet rescue facilities
- Has worked in senior housing for more than 20 years
- Loves to travel the world with family
- Established and administers The Cesar Umayam Memorial Endowment awarding scholarships for Christian education
- Has worked at Leisure Care for over 20 years and in senior housing since 1994.
- Spends most of his free time with his beautiful wife and their four children
- Enjoys fishing, surfing, scuba diving, off roading, and working with disadvantaged children
- Has worked in senior living since 2006.
- Enjoys spending time with family and loves CrossFit, kickboxing, and outdoor adventures.
- Advocates and donates to Autism Speaks.
- Has worked at Leisure Care for over 18 years
- Enjoys volunteering at local schools and as a youth sports coach
- Spends free time with her family and two young children
- Has worked at Leisure Care for over 7 years
- Enjoys family adventures, whether local or abroad
- Volunteers with United Way of King County and is an active member of CREW Seattle
- 16 years as a Registered Nurse, started working for Leisure Care in 2014.
- Loves traveling and going on new adventures. Favorite destinations are Hawaii and London!
- Passionate about Dementia Education and Senior Care.
- Spends her off time at home in Colorado with her husband, two kids, and six cats.
- Has worked in the senior living industry for 20+ years, specializing in new openings.
- Enjoys traveling the US (specifically National Parks) in her RV with her family.
- Loves all things Penn State, is a season football ticket holder, and actively supports THON, an annual dance marathon to raise money for pediatric cancer.
- Has worked in hospitality for 30+ years and with Leisure Care for 5 years.
- Loves spending time with his family and touring the mountain region on his Harley Davidson.
- Is involved in his local region with community non-profit and charitable organizations.
- Experienced in Senior Housing from operations to development.
- Has worked in markets across the United States and some International business.
- Enjoys outdoor activities and creative experiences.
- Has worked in Senior Living for over 10 years.
- Avid hunter and hobby farmer
- Enjoys outdoor adventures with her amazing husband.
- Has worked with Leisure Care since 2012, starting out as a Program Supervisor at one of our communities.
- Passionate about championing diversity, building an inclusive culture, and doing her part to create a more equitable world.
- Enjoys completing 5K charity runs with her wife Krystal and our dog Joey in her free time.
- Has worked at Leisure Care for over 16 years.
- There’s no place she would rather be than with her 3 children, husband, and parents. Family is everything!
- Volunteers for Girl Scouts of America, President of EC PomCat Elite Dance Team, and fundraising for various nonprofits.
- Got her start at Leisure Care in 2013 as an intern and returned 9 years later in 2022.
- Volunteers with the SPCA and mentoring collegiate leaders.
- Enjoys spending time outdoors and cheering on New England sports teams.