Stay active, healthy, and adventurous.
- Leisure Care Vice President of Operations Michael Juno has been an essential part of our company for 15 years, bringing life-enhancing senior living experiences to hundreds of families. New experiences with his aging mother have given him a fresh perspective on caring for a senior loved one, and he has chosen to share those experiences...Read More
- The sun has faded, the leaves have changed, and winter is here. With the winter comes chilly days, longer nights, and a season of busy-ness surrounding the holidays. When we consider the holiday season, we often assume it will be a time of peace and joy, and they definitely can be. As fun and exciting...Read More
- The holidays are a time for celebrating and with celebration comes indulgence. From stretching budgets to stretching waistlines, there’s no doubt that the holidays can be challenging to the healthy habits we try to keep the rest of the year. In fact, nearly 75% of annual weight gain takes place between Halloween and New Years....Read More
- Making the decision to move an aging parent into senior living begins with many questions. From realizing that it’s time to move to know your parent is ready and starting that conversation with them, the journey is fraught with emotional and important decisions. When should you begin talking to your parents about moving to a...Read More
- Leaves are changing and the weather is cooling off. Along with the welcome changes of the fall, comes an unwelcome season – flu season. Beginning in October and sometimes stretching into May, flu season is the period of time when the influenza virus is most active. It’s a time to step up self-care and flu...Read More
Winter is officially in full swing. With the beautiful snowfalls and cozy winter nights can come treacherous conditions with ice-covered roads, gray days affecting our moods, senior isolation, and more. Residents at Fairwinds Redmond can greet the season knowing their needs will be met in our community where they are warm and well cared for....Read More
It’s no surprise that the senior living industry is booming — and along with it, opportunities for a very fulfilling career. This multi-faceted industry is growing quickly and offers something for everyone! Our final virtual seminar in our week-long series focuses on starting and growing a career in senior living. The senior living industry is...Read More
Leisure Care sponsored a week-long virtual seminar series on aging well, hosted by RevelEleven. This is the fourth webinar in the week-long series and provides practical advice on financial well-being and real estate planning for women of all ages and stages of life. Women are the new face of wealth, and by 2030 it is...Read More
’Tis the season for cookies and cakes! MacKenzie Place – Fort Collins residents and staff have been enjoying the season with special treats! Learn more about how MacKenzie Place – Fort Collins residents are celebrating the season and how baking can benefit mental health. We know that baking is fun and yields yummy treats, but...Read More
The effort to live life fully never ends. On the third day of Leisure Care’s week-long virtual seminar series on Aging Well, we explored audacious living and how we can find the courage and positivity to thrive at all ages. Joined by three women living it up in retirement, we learned how these women keep...Read More
On December 7, 2021, Leisure Care sponsored an in-person seminar at Murano Senior Living on caring for our minds, bodies, and spirits in all stages of life. Aligning our minds, bodies, and spirit can significantly impact our quality of life, helping us thrive at any age, but especially in older adulthood. A panel of four...Read More
Leisure Care is sponsoring a virtual seminar series to address a variety of aging and caregiving issues. In the first presentation of the week, the seminar focused on how caregivers, namely adult children of seniors, can set healthy boundaries, prioritize self-care, and generally help their loved ones age well. As many adult children prepare to...Read More
The holidays are a special time when many families come together. This year, many families will be coming together for the first since the beginning of the pandemic. Increased time together may lead some adult children to realize that their parent’s needs have changed. If we have learned anything from the past two years, it’s...Read More
The Linden at Woodbridge offers exceptional assisted living and memory care in Woodbridge, CT. Recently, the senior living community was informed they were voted one of the best memory care communities in Fairfield County by MemoryCare.com. MemoryCare.com Names The Linden at Woodbridge Among Top Memory Care Communities MemoryCare.com is comprised of a team of doctors,...Read More
Retirement should feel like you're on a permanent vacation which is exactly why our communities celebrate freedom from obligation, helping you pursue new interests.