Signs You’re Ready for Senior Living
If you’re here, you are already considering the benefits of a move to a senior living community. Maybe your children suggested a move. Maybe you’ve noticed the burdens of homeownership are getting harder to manage. Maybe you’re just looking for a little more fun in every day of life. Maybe you are a caregiver that has taken on caregiving responsibilities for a senior loved one but feel that as they age, they may be safer and better cared for in a community environment.
No matter what has led you to us, we are happy you are here.
We are excited to help you embark on your newest adventure and ready to help you find your next home. But, we also know that you are closing an important and lengthy chapter in your life. And, we know how difficult that can be. Throughout the whole senior living search, we promise to be a trusted advisor, friend, and confidant. To start, let’s walk through what leads our residents to say goodbye to yard work, home maintenance, cooking, and cleaning and say hello to delicious restaurant-style meals, chauffeur services, planned social hours, and the adventure of a lifetime.
Searching for a Sign
Despite the attractive lifestyle and convenient services, you might ask yourself, “Am I ready?” You’re not alone—many residents start with the same thought in mind, and nearly always confess, “I wish I hadn’t waited so long!” Here are a few signs you’re ready:
- You feel like your home is too big and too much work.
- You would enjoy the convenience of not having to cook for yourself.
- Going to the grocery store feels stressful and burdensome.
- You see yourself going on adventures, taking fitness classes, relaxing, dining out, having fun, and making new friends.
- You’d appreciate having a chauffeur drive you to church, the doctor’s office, or grocery store.
- You want to take advantage of all your city and community has to offer, but don’t want to do it alone.
- You would feel safer and more confident with the presence of 24-hour staff.
- You would appreciate a pet care or pet walking service to help care for your furriest family member.
- It’s getting harder to keep up with mail and bills.
- You worry about falling or injuring yourself in your home.
- Activities of daily living, such as dressing and bathing, are growing more difficult.
- You are seeking a more active lifestyle in a group environment.
- Managing your medications is becoming confusing, and even dangerous.
- Cooking for yourself feels more stressful than fun and you have expired food in the fridge.
- Regularly planned social hours and fun outings with people your age sounds appealing to you.
- Friends and family members have encouraged you to check out senior living communities.
If can answer yes or agree to any of these sentiments, it’s time to consider making a move. If you’ve already decided, you may be wondering what’s next. We would encourage you to check out our communities. Find one in your desired area that offers the services and amenities you are seeking and give them a call. We’d love to show you around and enjoy a meal with you. Soak it all in – the adventure is just beginning.