Stay active, healthy, and adventurous.
- Leisure Care Vice President of Operations Michael Juno has been an essential part of our company for 15 years, bringing life-enhancing senior living experiences to hundreds of families. New experiences with his aging mother have given him a fresh perspective on caring for a senior loved one, and he has chosen to share those experiences...Read More
- The sun has faded, the leaves have changed, and winter is here. With the winter comes chilly days, longer nights, and a season of busy-ness surrounding the holidays. When we consider the holiday season, we often assume it will be a time of peace and joy, and they definitely can be. As fun and exciting...Read More
- The holidays are a time for celebrating and with celebration comes indulgence. From stretching budgets to stretching waistlines, there’s no doubt that the holidays can be challenging to the healthy habits we try to keep the rest of the year. In fact, nearly 75% of annual weight gain takes place between Halloween and New Years....Read More
- Making the decision to move an aging parent into senior living begins with many questions. From realizing that it’s time to move to know your parent is ready and starting that conversation with them, the journey is fraught with emotional and important decisions. When should you begin talking to your parents about moving to a...Read More
- Leaves are changing and the weather is cooling off. Along with the welcome changes of the fall, comes an unwelcome season – flu season. Beginning in October and sometimes stretching into May, flu season is the period of time when the influenza virus is most active. It’s a time to step up self-care and flu...Read More
At Leisure Care, we know that our communities are vital components of a larger community. They play an important role in their local towns and cities, engaging in the larger world around them and doing what they can to make the world a better place. Through this blog, we are excited to share with you...Read More
THE AUTHOR’S LIFE AT LEISURE CARE Even though imagination doesn’t check itself at the door of our communities, it isn’t often that we can boast a resident publishing a book. So imagine our surprise and delight when two of our residents each published books within a month of one another last fall at Fairwinds – Desert Point in Arizona....Read More
WHEELCHAIR BOUND? NOT ON YOUR LIFE. Two years ago, Helen Scruggs was in a wheelchair. Her doctors and family members told her she’d be there the rest of her life—they all believed that her injuries from a fall were too severe for her to ever be strong or stable enough to walk again. Helen, however,...Read More
SWIMMING WITH DOLPHINS Standing at a petite 4’ 6”, Pauline Livingston moves through life as if she were six feet tall. No reservations, no cares, certainly not scared of adventure. If someone challenges her, or when she challenges herself, she rises to the occasion. Life as a farmer’s wife had challenges all its own for...Read More
ANOTHER MAJOR LEAGUE CELEBRATION OF A GREAT LIFE Missouri is known as the “Show Me” state, so it’s no surprise that the people of St. Louis really know how to put on a show! After a full year of planning, the city’s red carpet was rolled out to celebrate the 90th birthday of St. Louis’s...Read More
A LIFE IN FAST MOTION A body in motion tends to stay in motion, and at Leisure Care we know that life is just getting started at retirement. At Fairwinds – River’s Edge in St. Charles, Missouri, one Leisure Care resident embodies this idea, even in the face of daunting health challenges and devastating personal loss. Lee Nunn was...Read More
Retirement should feel like you're on a permanent vacation which is exactly why our communities celebrate freedom from obligation, helping you pursue new interests.