Stay active, healthy, and adventurous.
- Leisure Care Vice President of Operations Michael Juno has been an essential part of our company for 15 years, bringing life-enhancing senior living experiences to hundreds of families. New experiences with his aging mother have given him a fresh perspective on caring for a senior loved one, and he has chosen to share those experiences...Read More
- The sun has faded, the leaves have changed, and winter is here. With the winter comes chilly days, longer nights, and a season of busy-ness surrounding the holidays. When we consider the holiday season, we often assume it will be a time of peace and joy, and they definitely can be. As fun and exciting...Read More
- The holidays are a time for celebrating and with celebration comes indulgence. From stretching budgets to stretching waistlines, there’s no doubt that the holidays can be challenging to the healthy habits we try to keep the rest of the year. In fact, nearly 75% of annual weight gain takes place between Halloween and New Years....Read More
- Making the decision to move an aging parent into senior living begins with many questions. From realizing that it’s time to move to know your parent is ready and starting that conversation with them, the journey is fraught with emotional and important decisions. When should you begin talking to your parents about moving to a...Read More
- Leaves are changing and the weather is cooling off. Along with the welcome changes of the fall, comes an unwelcome season – flu season. Beginning in October and sometimes stretching into May, flu season is the period of time when the influenza virus is most active. It’s a time to step up self-care and flu...Read More
The senior living industry is rapidly changing to meet the needs of an active and independent generation of baby boomers. To meet the demands of this generation, senior living communities have evolved from care facilities to communities that encourage independence, growth, and opportunity. In order to better reflect today’s senior living values, the industry is...Read More
According to the 2012 U.S. Census, there are over 12.4 million veterans over the age of 65. Many of these veterans are entitled to specific benefits only for veterans of the United States Armed Forces which can be used for paying for senior care services. The benefits apply to veterans who served during a specific...Read More
When you think of retirement, what comes to mind? Shuffleboard? Bingo? Not for today’s seniors. Today’s seniors are changing the face of senior living and taking the world by storm – literally. There is no limit for today’s seniors – the world is theirs for the taking. Make this year your year of exploration. Grab...Read More
What comes to mind when you think of California living? From shining seas and white sand beaches to rolling mountains and world-famous wine country, there’s something for everyone in California. Whether it’s the laid-back lifestyle, outdoor opportunities, stunning beaches, or beautiful year-round weather, we promise you’ll never look back. Learn more about starting your retirement...Read More
The American Seniors Housing Association (ASHA) is an advocacy group committed to helping seniors make the best lifestyle decisions for themselves and their families. A new campaign launched by ASHA called “Where You Live Matters” gives unbiased, fact-based, and time-tested information to help seniors choose the appropriate level of senior care in a community that...Read More
Heritage Estates retirement community in Livermore, California offers its residents a unique holistic approach to health and wellness. Their PrimeFit Instructors help residents set and achieve fitness goals, focusing on their “functional fitness”. By improving strength, balance, and mobility, residents can enjoy the activities they love for longer. Heritage Estates resident Peggy Oberholzer, 77, has...Read More
It’s no secret that at Leisure Care we like to celebrate. We celebrate our residents and we celebrate each other. We are now excited to celebrate Janice Pate, RN, Health and Wellness Director at Madrona Park, for receiving LeadingAge’s Award for Outstanding Leadership. LeadingAge is highly respected throughout the senior living industry and has over...Read More
New TV Show Features Leisure Care Community Restaurant A new and original TV show hosted by seniors for seniors seeks out new ways for retirement to be enjoyed and savored. The latest episode took a trip to our very own Mackenzie Place – Colorado Springs where dinner is not just a meal but an experience.Read More
If you’ve ever visited any of our communities, you know that we are always up for a celebration. We celebrate every move-in, every resident achievement – honestly, we celebrate every day. We are excited to continue the celebration by announcing Fairwinds – River’s Edge 24 Carrot Gold Food Safety Excellence Award. Five-Star Dining at Fairwinds...Read More
Retirement should feel like you're on a permanent vacation which is exactly why our communities celebrate freedom from obligation, helping you pursue new interests.