Stay active, healthy, and adventurous.
- Leisure Care Vice President of Operations Michael Juno has been an essential part of our company for 15 years, bringing life-enhancing senior living experiences to hundreds of families. New experiences with his aging mother have given him a fresh perspective on caring for a senior loved one, and he has chosen to share those experiences...Read More
- At Leisure Care, we’ve always prioritized the health and well-being of our residents. It’s part of our commitment to ‘doing the right thing.’ It’s how we have operated for nearly 50 years, how we have navigated the past few months, and how we will manage the upcoming distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine. We are excited...Read More
- There’s no question that the last few months have changed the way we live. At Leisure Care, we are constantly seeing creative ways to engage with potential new residents and their families. One way of doing that is by offering virtual tours for families considering senior living. Choosing Senior Living Moving to senior living is...Read More
- Making the decision to move an aging parent into senior living begins with many questions. From realizing that it’s time to move to know your parent is ready and starting that conversation with them, the journey is fraught with emotional and important decisions. When should you begin talking to your parents about moving to a...Read More
- Leaves are changing and the weather is cooling off. Along with the welcome changes of the fall, comes an unwelcome season – flu season. Beginning in October and sometimes stretching into May, flu season is the period of time when the influenza virus is most active. It’s a time to step up self-care and flu...Read More
When it comes to alcohol and senior living, there are mixed feelings. Drinking alcohol is often a staple at senior living social functions and many residents enjoy a glass of wine with dinner or a nightcap with good friends before calling it a day. However, with age often comes an increase in prescription medications that...Read More
If you’re here, you and your family are already considering the benefits of a move to a senior living community. Maybe an adult child has suggested a move. Maybe you’ve noticed the burdens of home ownership are getting harder to manage. Maybe you’re just looking for a little more fun in every day of life. Maybe...Read More
This generation of baby boomers is like none the world has ever seen. Based on the numbers alone, their impact on senior living cannot be underestimated. The number of Americans over the age of 65 is expected to more than double to hit 98 million people by 2060, nearly 24% of the population. Seniors over...Read More
You’ve waited and worked and saved your whole life for retirement. Now it’s here and it’s your time to make the most of every day. What will you do? For many, it’s a time to see the world. For the first time in your life, you have the time to go where you want. To...Read More
The senior living industry is rapidly changing to meet the needs of an active and independent generation of baby boomers. To meet the demands of this generation, senior living communities have evolved from care facilities to communities that encourage independence, growth, and opportunity. In order to better reflect today’s senior living values, the industry is...Read More
According to the 2012 U.S. Census, there are over 12.4 million veterans over the age of 65. Many of these veterans are entitled to specific benefits only for veterans of the United States Armed Forces which can be used for paying for senior care services. The benefits apply to veterans who served during a specific...Read More
When you think of retirement, what comes to mind? Shuffleboard? Bingo? Not for today’s seniors. Today’s seniors are changing the face of senior living and taking the world by storm – literally. There is no limit for today’s seniors – the world is theirs for the taking. Make this year your year of exploration. Grab...Read More
What comes to mind when you think of California living? From shining seas and white sand beaches to rolling mountains and world-famous wine country, there’s something for everyone in California. Whether it’s the laid-back lifestyle, outdoor opportunities, stunning beaches, or beautiful year-round weather, we promise you’ll never look back. Learn more about starting your retirement...Read More
The American Seniors Housing Association (ASHA) is an advocacy group committed to helping seniors make the best lifestyle decisions for themselves and their families. A new campaign launched by ASHA called “Where You Live Matters” gives unbiased, fact-based, and time-tested information to help seniors choose the appropriate level of senior care in a community that...Read More
Retirement should feel like you're on a permanent vacation which is exactly why our communities celebrate freedom from obligation, helping you pursue new interests.